Welcome to the new blog, “Go Crazy, Big Boy!”. I’m excited to be a part of The Cardinal Conclave, and looking forward to what’s lies ahead. I’d like to introduce myself, and give you a bit of a feel for who I am, what I’m about, and some idea as to what you can expect when you read me here.
I’m Dathan. I’m a thirty-something year old brother, husband, father, step-father, son, neighbor, and a huge fan of the game of baseball. My favorite baseball team is the St. Louis Cardinals. I make the distinction of telling you those things separately, because I want it to be clear: I’m a baseball fan…with a favorite team. A few other tidbits to give you some insight about me are below.
- I root for the name on the front of the jersey before I root for the name on the back.
- I love the game of baseball, but I love the business of baseball almost just as much.
- I write the way I talk, many times you’ll read a sentence that’s not a complete sentence, but it’s how I’d say it if you & I were sitting next to each other, enjoying a game together.
- I’m not very tech-savvy, so most of what you’ll find here is gonna be stuff I’ve written, and not many cool, flashy things to “enhance” a blog. I might include a pic from time to time…that’s about it.
- I still can’t believe what happened in Game 6.
- I tend to lean to the purist side of things, but I’m not as far that direction as I used to be.
- I see value in SABR-metrics, but what you’ll find here will be a largely measured dose.
Much like a #3 guy in the rotation, sometimes I’m going to have it, and other times, not so much. So, be patient, and don’t abandon me if I write something awful from time to time–it’s bound to happen.
Go Crazy, Big Boy! isn’t my first baseball/Cardinals-related blog. I’ve had a couple of others in recent years, and reading those (if you’re so inclined) is probably the best way to get a feel for my writing style. Thanks for stopping by!