May 1, 2020 – 10 different signature Albert Pujols games plus new editions of Play Ball and MLB Tonight dedicated to the three-time Most Valuable Player Award winner will air on MLB Network from tomorrow, May 2 through Monday, May 4. From making the St. Louis Cardinals in 2001 to hitting his 600th career home run as a member of the Los Angeles Angels, Pujols will extensively discuss his storied career, beginning on Play Ball presented by Scotts this Saturday at 9:00 a.m. CT, followed by MLB Tonight presented by Camping World on Monday, May 4 at 5:00 p.m. CT. A hitting demonstration from Pujols, an MLB Tonight interview with Hall of Fame manager Tony La Russa, and Pujols’ thoughts about playing alongside fellow three-time Most Valuable Player Award winner Mike Trout, will be part of MLB Network’s coverage through Monday. In addition to its on-air programming, MLB Network’s social platforms will feature Pujols content through Monday, including vintage interviews, stat graphics, and new features, covering his first Spring Training all the way to returning to St. Louis in 2019.
A Play Ball At Home presented by Scotts preview episode leading up to tomorrow’s Play Ball is available here. When asked on tomorrow’s Play Ball if Trout will finish his career with more home runs than him, Pujols said, “Well, for sure. I think at the pace that he’s going, for sure. The key with Trout is that if he can stay healthy, he’s not only going to pass me but he’s gonna pass many guys in front of me too that I’m chasing. So, I think it all depends on God willing that he stays healthy.” A clip from that conversation is available here and the complete schedule from tomorrow through Monday is available below.
Albert Pujols-Focused Programming on MLB Network Tomorrow, May 2:
– 7:00 a.m. – Pittsburgh Pirates at St. Louis Cardinals, September 3, 2006 – Pujols hits three home runs and collects five RBI in a late season divisional game.
– 9:00 a.m. – Play Ball – Pujols sits down with Harold Reynolds to discuss the longevity of his career and a demo of his gap-to-gap tee work.
– 9:30 a.m. – Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals, June 4, 2011 – Pujols hits a walk-off home run in the 12th inning to complete his 3-for-4 day with a walk, double, two home runs and four RBI.
– 11:30 a.m. – Chicago Cubs at St. Louis Cardinals, June 5, 2011 – Pujols hits his second walk-off home run in consecutive days.
– 1:30 p.m. – Play Ball – Pujols sits down with Harold Reynolds to discuss the longevity of his career and a demo of his gap-to-gap tee work.
Albert Pujols-Focused Programming on MLB Network Monday, May 4:
– 8:00 a.m. – St. Louis Cardinals at Chicago Cubs, July 20, 2004 – Pujols goes 5-for-5 with a double, three home runs and five RBI.
– 11:00 a.m. – Los Angeles Angels at Seattle Mariners, May 4, 2018 – Pujols collects his 3000th career hit, as MLB Network re-airs this game on the two-year anniversary.
– 1:30 p.m. – Los Angeles Angels at St. Louis Cardinals, June 22, 2019 – Pujols hits a home run in his return to St. Louis’ Busch Stadium.
– 5:00 p.m. – MLB Tonight – Matt Vasgersian, Carlos Peña and Dan Plesac discuss Pujols’ legendary career throughout the program, plus Harold Reynolds sits down with Pujols for an extended interview.
– 6:00 p.m. – St. Louis Cardinals at Houston Astros, NLCS Game Five, October 17, 2005 – Pujols hits a go-ahead three-run home run in the 9th inning.
– 8:00 p.m. – St. Louis Cardinals at Texas Rangers, World Series Game Three, October 22, 2011 – Pujols goes 5-for-6 with three home runs, four runs scored and six RBI.
– 11:00 p.m. – Minnesota Twins at Los Angeles Angels, June 3, 2017 – Pujols hits his 600th career home run.
*All Times CST
About MLB Network:
Launched on January 1, 2009, MLB Network is the ultimate television destination for baseball fans, featuring the multiple Emmy Award-winning MLB Tonight, live regular season and Postseason game telecasts, original programming, highlights and analysis. MLB Network is distributed by TV providers throughout the U.S., Canada, Caribbean and Latin America, and is available for live, authenticated streaming via MLB At Bat and MLBNetwork.com/Watch. For more information, go to www.MLBNetwork.com.