OVIEDO, SCHROCK & FERNANDEZ ADDED & WILLIAMS TABBED AS 29TH MAN
MILWAUKEE, WI – Sept. 16, 2020 – Prior to their double-header today in Milwaukee, the St. Louis Cardinals announced the following roster moves:
- Right-handed pitcher Johan Oviedo activated from the Injured List;
- Infielder Max Schrock recalled from the Alternate Training Site;
- Right-handed pitcher Junior Fernandez recalled from the Alternate Training Site.
- Optioned right-handed pitcher Nabil Crismatt to the Alternate Training Site;
- Optioned outfielder Lane Thomas to the Alternate Training Site;
- Left-handed pitcher Rob Kaminsky designated for assignment;
- Outfielder Justin Williams named 29th man for today’s double-header.
Oviedo has appeared in four games (all starts) this season, going 0-2 with a 4.66 ERA in 19.1 innings pitched. Fernandez, who appeared in 13 games for the Cardinals last season, has worked in two games out of the bullpen this season. Schrock, who made his Major League debut earlier this season, has made appearances at 2nd base (5 games) and 3rd base (2 games) – making a total of four starts between the two positions. Schrock, who bats left, hit his first M.L. homer on Aug. 17 in the 2nd game of double-header against the Cubs at Wrigley Field. The left-handed hitting Williams, acquired in a trade with Tampa Bay in 2018, will be making his Cardinals debut with his first game appearance. He did take one at-bat with Tampa Bay during his lone Major League game played on July 21, 2018.