CARLOS MARTÍNEZ TO D.L. WITH RIGHT OBLIQUE STRAIN;
MIKOLAS & BREBBIA JOIN ACTIVE ROSTER & LUKE WEAVER TABBED AS 26TH MAN
CHICAGO, IL – July 21, 2018 – The St. Louis Cardinals announced a series of roster moves prior to today’s day/night double-header against the Chicago Cubs at Wrigley Field. The moves are as follows:
- RHP Carlos Martínez (right oblique strain) placed on 10-day D.L., retroactive to July 20;
- RHP Miles Mikolas activated from the Paternity List;
- RHP John Brebbia recalled from Memphis (AAA);
- RHP Luke Weaver activated from Taxi Squad as 26th man and will start Game 1 of double-header;
- RHP Matt Bowman optioned to Memphis (AAA), following yesterday’s game.
Martinez, who was disabled earlier this season (May 9 to June 4) with a right lat strain, started Thursday night’s series opener, taking the loss. He’s 6-6 with a 3.39 ERA in 17 starts this season.
Mikolas (10-3, 2.79) was named an All-Star for the first time and is set to start Sunday’s series finale. Weaver (5-8, 4.72) draws the start in the opening game of today’s double-header.
Brebbia is being recalled for a 5th time. He’s appeared in 27 games with St. Louis, going 1-3 with two saves and a 4.13 ERA.