CARDINALS OUTFIELDER RANDAL GRICHUK AND THE ST. LOUIS CARDINALS HOST SOCIAL MEDIA CAMPAIGN WITH OPERATION FOOD SEARCH TO ‘FILL A KID’S PLATE THIS HOLIDAY SEASON’
ST. LOUIS, NOVEMBER 24, 2015 – St. Louis Cardinals outfielder Randal Grichuk and the St. Louis Cardinals are teaming up with Operation Food Search in a social media fundraising campaign this holiday season, ‘Fill a Kid’s Plate,’ to feed hungry kids in the St. Louis bi-state region. Now through Christmas, for each donation of $35, $50 or $100 made online at http://weblink.donorperfect.com/grichgives, children will receive food and nutrition services provided by OFS, the region’s largest provider of free food for the hungry.
“Every child needs a champion,” said St. Louis Cardinals outfielder, Randal Grichuk. “It’s great to team up with Operation Food Search to provide children with food, a most basic human need. We want all kids to grow up to be winners in life and with proper nutrition we are giving them one of the best shots possible!”
When the donor makes a gift online at any of the following levels, they will be entered into a drawing to win:
– $35 level: Game Used Grichuk bat and two Winter Warm-up passes (January 16-18, 2016)
– $50 level: Autographed pair of Randal Grichuk cleats and voucher for two tickets to a 2016 Cardinals home game
– $100 level: Ultimate Winter Warm-Up Experience (4 passes to the event and behind-the-scenes tour and meet-and-greet with Randal Grichuk!)
Here’s what their gift will provide:
– A gift of $35 will provide 10 backpacks full of nutritious food to kinds in need over the weekend.
– A gift of $50 will provide a holiday meal to a local family.
– A gift of $100 will teach a child the core life skill of cooking in a healthy, affordable and delicious way.
“We’re so glad to have Randal Grichuk and our friends at the St. Louis Cardinals on our team to hit hunger out of the ballpark this holiday season and give kids the food they need for a happy, healthy holiday,” said Operation Food Search Executive Director Sunny Schaefer.
To make an online donation and be entered into a drawing for great prizes visit http://weblink.donorperfect.com/grichgives.
About Operation Food Search
Operation Food Search (OFS) was established in 1981 to address the growing problem of hunger and has since become the largest distributor of free food in the bi-state region. Each month, Operation Food Search distributes approximately 3 million pounds of food and household items to 250 community partners, which in turn feed 190,000 local individuals each month who struggle with hunger and food insecurity. One-third of these individuals are children. For every dollar donated, Operation Food Search provides $21 worth of food and nutrition services to support the area hungry.