Annual program raises thousands of dollars for area schools, sports teams, youth groups and clubs
ST. LOUIS, MO (October 02, 2014) – The St. Louis Cardinals announced today the kickoff of what’s become one of the most anticipated and profitable fall fundraising programs for area schools, sports teams and youth groups: the 2015 Cardinals Calendar Fundraising Partnership.
Now in its eighth year, the program enables participants to sell the Official 2015 Cardinals Calendar and retain $7 of the calendar’s $15 retail price to fund a variety of educational, athletic and youth-related activities. More than 300 schools and groups participated in last fall’s program; they sold more than 50,000 calendars, generating in excess of $350,000 for their initiatives.
The program capitalizes on two key components: the popularity of calendars as affordable holiday gift items, and our region’s passion for Cardinals baseball.
“The fundraiser is awesome. Everyone loves the Cardinals in St. Louis, so the calendars enjoy a natural connection with customers,” said Shelly Valenzuela, leader of Girl Scout Troop 2677 in St. Louis. “Compared with other fundraisers available to us, this one has far more potential. Our troop had so much fun selling the calendars.”
In addition to keeping $7 from each calendar sold, groups are eligible to receive a variety of sales incentives, including ticket vouchers to 2015 Cardinals home games, field visits during batting practice, Cardinals goodie bags and autographed memorabilia.
This is the official calendar of Cardinal Nation – a premium, oversized (15” wide x 22” tall) calendar produced by the team’s publications department (publishers of Cardinals Magazine, and the annual Cardinals Yearbook and Scorecard). Featuring the team’s complete spring-training and regular-season schedules, the 2015 Calendar will celebrate the Cardinals’ 2014 championship season through the dynamic artwork of the team’s official photographers. The calendar also features more than 30 coupons from family-oriented local businesses.
With no sales minimums in place, the no-risk program is ideal for a variety of groups throughout the Midwest region: schools, school clubs, school choirs/bands, sports teams, sports leagues, scout groups, youth groups, church groups, alumni organizations, fraternal associations and more. Sales support materials are provided to groups in mid-October, with calendars delivered in early December – just in time for distribution before the holidays!
2015 ST. LOUIS CARDINALS CALENDAR FUNDRAISER
- This is the official calendar of Cardinal Nation, designed by the club’s publications department (producers of Cardinals Magazine, Cardinals Yearbook and Cardinals Scorecard).
- The Cardinals Calendar Fundraiser has established itself as one of the most successful pre-holiday programs for area schools, scout troops, sports teams, alumni organizations and church groups. It has helped groups raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to field trips, textbooks, technology purchases, new sports equipment, etc.
- The program capitalizes on two key realities: 1) The popularity of calendars as affordable holiday gift items; and 2) our region’s passion for Cardinals baseball.
- The 2015 calendar will showcase the dynamic artwork of the team’s photographers, celebrating the club’s 2014 championship season (N.L. Central Division champions and hopefully more). Past themes include the Cardinals’ runs to the 2011 World Series title and 2013 NL pennant, Cardinals National League MVP selections, Cardinals 20-game winners and St. Louis’ All-Star Game history.
- This is the ONLY Cardinals calendar featuring the team’s complete 2015 spring-training and regular-season schedules.
- The calendar features extraordinary photos and design presented in an oversized, easy-to-read format. It also combines important baseball-related dates of note with all traditional holidays.
- In 2014, 319 schools/groups sold 50,392 calendars – both record figures – representative of the continued growth of this program in recent years.
- Includes two pages of coupons featuring savings on Cardinals tickets and great deals from local retailers.
- Uncomplicated, no-risk terms. Schools keep $7 of the calendar’s $15 retail price (45 percent).
- The sales period runs from mid-October to mid-November. Schools receive the calendars the first week of December – just in time for holiday gift-giving.
- Terrific sales incentives: Each participating school or group that reaches easily achievable sales minimums will receive 5 ticket vouchers to a 2015 game (each voucher is good for 2 seats) and one grand prize. Potential grand prizes include tickets to a party room, tickets and field visits, a Cardinals goodie bag or an autographed item. Prizes ship in spring 2015. Better yet, the top-selling school receives a visit from Fredbird!