(Site note: We’ll have a review of Out of the Park 15 up in the coming days, but here’s a release about the mobile version of the game.)
Hollern-Twielenfleth, Germany — Out of the Park Developments today announced the worldwide App Store availability of iOOTP Baseball 2014, this year’s edition of the thrilling iOS management game for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch that puts players in control of a major league baseball team. It’s driven by OOTP’s Out of the Park Baseball engine, which has provided stunningly realistic baseball simulations on PC, Mac, and Linux for 15 years.
“No matter where you are — on the go with your iPhone or lounging around with your iPad — you can run your favorite baseball team with just a few swipes and taps,” said lead developer and lifelong baseball fan Sebastian Palkowski.
iOOTP Baseball 2014 is available now at the following link:
On sale at Apple’s iOS App Store for just US$4.99, which includes the iPad HD version, iOOTP Baseball 2014 offers the following new features and improvements:
• Real Opening Day 2014 rosters. Every player on every major league team is available, along with the top 20 minor league prospects for each team. Major league player ratings are based on PECOTA by Baseball Prospectus, the best player projection system available today.
• Player Editor. Players can edit everything from names and biographical information to hitting, fielding, and pitching ratings.
• Improved AI, including a direct port of the new player evaluation AI from OOTP 15
• Retina display support
• iOS 7 support (iOS 4.3 is the minimum required)
• Various other improvements and fixes
iOOTP’s core features include:
• Three game modes:
• Major League: Mobile managers guide their favorite major league team through the 2014 season and beyond
• Fictional: A fresh customizable world full of fictional players, providing a unique challenge each time
• Historical: Three exciting past seasons to recreate — 1919, 1939, and 2012 — with the ability to buy more through in-app purchases. (Historical seasons are $0.99 each, 10 for $4.99, or all seasons dating back to 1901 for $19.99.)
In Historical mode, real players show up in the draft when they made their actual major league debuts, assuming the user owns those seasons.
• Managerial options that enable players to set lineups, pitching rotations, and depth charts before taking the field to make in-game calls, including when to issue hit-and-run and steal signs, how to configure the defense, when to pull pitchers and put in pinch-hitters, and more.
Players can also let the computer handle those decisions and set a series of sliders that dictate overall strategies, such as aggressiveness on the base paths, how often to pitch around batters, and more. They can simulate the season a day or a week at a time, jumping back in to manage games whenever they want.
• A play-by-play text stream that describes what’s happening on the field during the game, making it feel like a radio broadcast.
• An in-depth financial system that allows players to unleash their inner GMs. Are they “Moneyball” disciples, looking for undervalued players who help the team win while keeping payroll low, or are they free-wheeling, Steinbrenner-like spenders seeking high-profile free agents?
Players oversee trades, negotiate contract extensions, sign free agents, draft players, cultivate minor league prospects, move players between the active roster, minor league roster and disabled list, and more.
iOOTP Baseball 2014 is available now in Apple’s iOS App Store for $4.99. It requires an iPhone 3GS, a third-generation iPod touch, or a first-generation iPad or better. iOS 4.3 is also required.
In addition, on April 21
OOTP Developments will ship Out of the Park Baseball 15, which runs on PC, Mac, and Linux. Pricing is $39.99. More information can be found at http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/
OOTP 15 is also expected to be available at Apple’s Mac App Store in late April.
About Out of the Park Developments
Out of the Park Developments is the developer of the award-winning OOTP and iOOTP series of baseball management simulations, Franchise Hockey Manager, Beyond the Sideline Football, and Inside the Park Baseball, a role-playing game. German-based OOTP Developments was founded by Markus Heinsohn and Andreas Raht in 1999. OOTP Developments has consistently produced games that have met with critical acclaim, including winning Metacritic’s coveted “Game of the Year” for the 2007 edition of OOTP. Further information on the company and its games is available from the OOTP Developments website: